There are two words that instantly make my heart beat a little faster: September Issue. For fashion magazines, the September issue is the pinnacle of the year. It usually has the most advertisements, the most eye-catching design, and the best dressed cover model of the entire year. For fashion enthusiasts, the September issue is the holy grail. Each magazine’s September issue usually towers above all the others, ranging from a mere 3/4″ to well over 1″ in thickness. It is this issue that sets the tone for the year; the issue that fashionistas will pour over for hours on end, searching for style inspiration or lusting over furs and handbags.
This year’s September issues, in my opinion, have not been a let down. The trends of Fall 2013 are right up my alley, and I am keen on trying some new and fabulous ideas this fall and winter. Here are some of my favorite fall/winter trends for 2013:
- Opulence: Think feathers, sequins, metallic colors, and all things glittery
- GOLD: It’s back and better than ever
- Top-handle bags: Channel your inner Jackie O and jump on this trend
- Fur: Whether it’s faux or real, fur is definitely IN this season. A good way to get your hands on the real deal without the ethical implications is to shop for vintage fur. (Another plus: you can avoid the hefty costs of upkeep by buying vintage furs because they are usually near the end of their lifespan)
- Red lips: Crimson isn’t the only color on the radar for this fall
What do you think? What are some of your favorite Fall 2013 trends, and how do you want to incorporate them into your style?